Let’s do the minor time jumps again. Like, you know, by two weeks. Sorry for that little Rocky Horror innuendo, I was just preparing you for your final episode of the first season of “The L Word: Generation Q.” I will say I have been pleasantly surprised at the quality of this show this season. It has been such a pleasant surprise for the most part. Though, I hate to say it but the finale is a little uneven. Especially the first half. They tried to stuff a whole lotta lot into it. Like a lot. So much. And over the span of what I think is only three days in the show’s universe. Like I said, a lot. But this episode also has moments of profound grace and intoxicating warmth that, well, dammit if they don’t feel almost sublime. And it circles back nicely to touchpoints from the near and more distant past because in this L Word universe continuity is actually a thing. At least, you know, that’s how I saw it. And now onto the final Pre-L of the season. I will miss them, that’s for sure.
1) Meet the press.
2) Did I tell you how there used to be watch parties at lesbians bars about our show? No, really, big parties. Huge.
3) Don’t you hate it when the hors d’oeuvres pass you by.
4) When you have flashbacks to Election Night 2016.
5) Nobody regrets buying a full-body pillow is all I’m saying.
6) Lesbians Can’t Sit in Chairs, Part II.
7) Lesbians Sitting, But Not in Chairs, Part I.
8) I’m not aboard the Sinley Train. But, you know, y’all do y’all.
9) How gay is it to admit that I own this exact bra, but in gray?
10) Cute boys, cute boys, whatcha gonna do. Whatcha gonna do when this episode comes for you.
11) When you think it’s Postmates, but it’s your ex instead.
12) Me every single time I read the news.
13) Roxane – and I cannot emphasize this enough – Gay!
14) Dammit, does no one screen the audience members?
15) The hostess is all of us being proud of Bette’s new positive life choices. And that dress.
16) Lesbians Sitting, But Not in Chairs, Part II.
17) Lesbian’s best friend.
Pre-L: Lapse in Judgment
Tags: Dorothy Surrenders
Comments powered by CComment